I have been looking through this entire thread and I still haven't got a clue to how I manage to change the Project Lead for a Service Desk project in Jira Cloud.
I now understand that the input seach field is masked as a drop-down list, so I shouldn't expect any suggestions before I start to type in text.
However, even if I type my own name (and I'm the Project Lead already), the list is still empty stating that "We couldn't find any people"???
I have seen this kind of odd behavior other places in Jira, and sometimes it works if you just provide the correct email address. But not in this case.
The field seems to be locked to it's predestined value. Irrespective of whatever I do, I don't get any suggestions in the list to chose from.
This is the current situation:
- I have removed all Component Leads
- I have ensured that there are users with access rights to the project who have project admin rights.
- I have Administer Jira permissions myself
- I have tried to access the project settings as suggested by Chris T in the tread referred to above
All in vain so far.
Does anybody know what it takes?