I need to increment a custom field by 1 on a post function. It is seemingly a simple ask, but I have some nuance that I cannot find an answer for.
I'm really struggling to figure out how to achieve this. I've read a dozen or so questions\replies related to this but none of them are exactly what I need. My assumption is that I need to use Scriptrunner to do this.
- I use Jira cloud (other scripts I am seeing are for Server)
- I need to do this on one specific transition. Note: this is not entering a specific status, but on a specific transition. I have more than one transition exiting and entering the exact same statuses, which is why I need this to be a post function and not automation. See screenshot below.

- I was wondering if instead of Scriptruner, I can use the "Update Issue Custom Field" post function but it is not clear to me if I can make that value dynamic or if it is a static value.