I am working on a workflow and I need to restrict the user from being able to transition the issue to the next status unless they have properly attached the required attachment. The transition needs to be manual and cant be part of the automation. Is there a way to do this using workflow properties?
Hi @Haig Aboyan ,
I believe you can achieve this by setting a "Value Field" condition on the transition in your workflow.
Like this, you can only perform the transition when the ticket has minimum 1 attachment.
You can not specify the type of attachment though.
Best regards,
Kris
Hello @Haig Aboyan
Would the attachment normally be attached separately, or do you want to require an attachment be added during the transition?
If there is any attachment at all, can the transition proceed? You said "properly attached the required document". How do you determine the attachment is "the required document"?
Hi Kris, thanks for this. This is exactly what i need! How do I get to this page? I am an admin so I have access to this, i just don't know how to navigate here.
Have a look at this short YouTube video
Jira Workflow Tutorial - How to use Conditions in Jira
It explains in detail what you need to do. But you need to use the "attachment" field like displayed in the screenshot i attached earlier.
Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.