Hello,
I have this automation below which creates subtask based on the field location status . It works fine however I would like to add another step/s to change the reporter of a sub task from "Automation for Jira" to assignee of the parent ticket. How can I accomplish that? Is it even possible? Thank you.
Hello @Elif Alverson
Yes, if the Rule Actor has the permission in the project for changing the Reporter field, then you can change the Reporter on the issue you are creating to match the assignee of the parent issue thus.
However, if the parent issue has no assignee then the rule will fail because the Reporter can't be empty.
So you may want to add a separate step in the branch to check that the parent has an Assignee and then Edit the subtask just created.
(Disregard that I used Component for my branch.)
@Trudy P Claspill , thank you for your response. The tickets are assigned to the team lead automatically so there are not ticket in unassigned state. I added the steps you provided above however not still does not work. Here is the message I got. I am an project admin but it says the issues cannot assign to me. ????
Please show us your automation rule and the details of the steps you added.
I am getting this error message below and here are my automation steps;
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.