Dear community,
I intend to link multiple recently created stories of the same epic, thereby ensuring that all of these stories follow a sequential workflow. In other words, Story B cannot be started before Story A has been completed, etc. To this end, I'm trying to create an automation rule which seeks to block Story B until Story A has been finished ("Story B blocks Story A"/"Story A is blocked by Story B"). The rule is triggered when a new issue has been created. Then, a condition checks if the new issue type equals a "story" and if the issue's summary contains a particular substring (=Story
. (see print-screen)

While the trigger and the conditions run smoothly, the Branch JQL, by which I'm looking for the Story B within the same epic as Story A, does not work. It seems as if the parameter "parent" causes the trouble, at least according to the error message in the audit log:
I've already tried to spare the quotation marks or to use a created smart value variable in the JQL query instead of the smart value, but to no avail.
What do I miss here? Do you have any general suggestions how to approach this task of linking stories or do you have any specific suggestions which "bring this automation rule to life"?
Thank you in advance for your advice and support!