Hi all,
I am on Jira Software for Cloud. A user wants editing of a custom field to be restricted to a particular group. The field is only used when the issue is resolved. I can add the field to a Resolve screen but that still won't limit editing of just that field to users in a certain group on the view/edit issue screen, right?
I'm not finding any solutions for this except for creating transitions screens etc. just wondering if there is a better way to accomplish this that anyone has experience with?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Custom-field-edit-restriction-based-on-user-role-permission/qaq-p/2031575
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Setting-user-group-permissions-on-a-custom-field-in-JIRA/qaq-p/313497
Thanks
Natasha
What about setting status properties. Something likehttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-permission-edit-group-jira-administrators-means-that-only/qaq-p/730145
I believe that is to prevent editing of the issue in its entirety right? Not just a particular field.
Yes, only mentioned group can edit the issue in that status (in this case Done). Per your statement - " The field is only used when the issue is resolved", - then you can apply this since the field is only available when it is resolved.
Or if you want, you an use Behaviour. Something like,
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.ProjectRoleManagerdef fieldname = getFieldById("customfield_xxxx")// Get the current userdef currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
if (ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager().getGroupsForUser(currentUser)?.find { it.name in ["Name of the Group"]} && getFieldScreen().name == "Name of your resolve screen") {//log.warn('ok')//return truefieldname,setHidden(false)} else {fieldname,setHidden(false)}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.