First of all, I'm a total newbie of Jira automation, so please forgive and feel free to correct any terminology mistakes I would make.
I have a development project called DEV and I have another project called TEST.
For sake of simplicty, let's assume that tasks in DEV board has these possible states:
backlog > in development > qa test > done
And TEST board has these possible states
to do > failed > in progress > done
I've managed to automate the DEV board to create a clone of the tasks in TEST board which are transitioned to the qa test status.
Now what I want to achieve is this:
- When a task in TEST board transitions to DONE from IN_PROGRESS, the related task in DEV board should transition to DONE.
- When a task in TEST board transitions to FAILED from IN_PROGRESS, the related task in DEV board should transition to BACKLOG.
- When a task in DEV board transitions to QA TEST from IN_PROGRESS, one of two things should happen:
a. if task in DEV board already has a clone in TEST board, it should transition to TO DO
b if task in DEV board does not have a clone in TEST board, it should create a clone in TEST board.
I wonder if that's possible? And if so, how can I achieve that?
Transition linked task in another project