Trying to create a new issue for an epic, but I want that issue in a different project. The problem is it won't associate the issue with the epic.
Hi Daniel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What is the trigger that causes this automation to fire? Is it something that happens with the Epic and you want to then create another issue (in a different project) with the trigger issue to be the parent?
If that's the case then the Epic Link field should use:
{{triggerIssue.key}}
We used to trigger automation through components. I tried to trigger this one through the manual trigger trigger from within the epic. Ideally, I'm creating the epic and at some point, in time I want to create these tasks for the other project.
It's really going to depend then on how it gets triggered. If you create the Epic and then want the children to get created immediately OR if a value changes on the Epic (field or status based on a transition), then the above code works. If it is something else, we would need more specifics.
I'm going for the latter really. In which case I'm using the manual trigger. The problem is that the tasks aren't getting associated with the epic link.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.