Hi, I am trying (so far in vein) to create some automation logic to do the following:
I have 5 Statuses but only some are relevant:
- Backlog
- To Do
- In Progress
- Ready to Deploy
- Done
When an Issue with a given Status (let's call it 'Main Issue') has (any) Linked Issues, then update the Main Issue Status according to the Status(es) of Linked Issues.
Somewhat like the logic for subtasks (or checklists within Issues, or Epics with Child Issues), except (for complex reasons) it cannot be subtasks or Epics etc.
For example I need to create logic so that:
- If any Linked Issue is In Progress OR Ready to Deploy then set Main Issue to In Progress
- If ALL Linked Issues are Done then set Main Issue to Done
- If ALL Linked Issues are Backlog OR To Do then set Main Issue to To Do
Main things to note are:
- Never need to automatically set Main Issue to Backlog or Done or Ready to Deploy
- Presumably I would need to separate Main Issues with e.g. an issue Type (otherwise there could be circular logic where what is the Main Issue is not clear as multiple Issues are interlinked!)
Any tips/guidance would be much appreciated!