I am using Slack workflow builder and utilizing a pop up form that prompts the slack user to answer some questions via the form I created.
Part of workflow builder step is to take the answers from the form and insert them into a specific JIRA PROJECT that I connected using workflow builder app.
Example form that I created:
What is the summary of the issue?
Is this customer impacting?
What is the priority?
The problem I am running into is for setting the priority in the Jira ticket.
With Workflow builder I'm able to take the response the user inputs for the frst two questions and insert them in the JIRA ticket as a variable. the summary and customer impact questions in the project are not a drop down type answer but an open form that the user can type in information.
The problem I'm having is with setting priority. In my jira project priority is a drop down with 5 choices
Highest
High
Medium
Low
Lowest
I think what it boils down to what I'm trying to ask is:
Is it possible to use an existing custom field, will call it custom field A, custom field A is not a drop down (i can post the answer from the slack form into custom field A)
And have jira automation set the priority for another custom field, will call custom field B that is drop down?
Thank you