I have an asset database with applications in it and each application has an owner. Each owner is an object in Asset. I need to map the user asset object with the corresponding JIRA User to link to issues and be able to assign issues to the user. Is this possible?
Hi Steve, I am facing the same issue with Jira service management.
I have users as asset objects and Jira users. I have linked these both within assets.
My problem is -
User asset objects are linked to hardware asset objects.Jira users are linked to JSM issues.User asset objects are not linked to JSM issues.What I would like is -
When I open an User asset object I will be able to see all of the linked JSM issues for the user.
What I am trying -
Use automation to pull the requesting user (jira user) from the issue then update a custom field which is the User asset object.
The automation error I receive is -
An error occurred while requesting remote informationBad RequestNo fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project)
If anyone can point me the the right direction that would be great!Cheers Phill
I managed to fix my issue by creating an asset object custom field with a piece of automation, using these 2 KBs
Configure the Assets objects custom field | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
Automatically add object linked to reporter to Insight field on ticket creation. | Jira | Atlassian Documentation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.