I have a specific project where the user that submits the Jira ticket will need to confirm via an approval before the issue is closed. I want to use automation to take the user that is the reporter and make them the approver as well but I'm struggling to get it to cooperate. Any ideas?
OH MY GOODNESS! I realized what I was doing wrong immediately after I posted this! I ended up creating a variable with the {{issue.reporter}} and using that to set the approver.
It's actually a bit subtle. The user interface here for Automation is a bit clunky. It looks like there are only a few drop-down menu choices (like "Copy from issue", "Copy from parent", etc). But you can also type in a smart value:
interesting, I guess I didn't have to create the variable after all, just plug in the smart value. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.