I've created an automation that upon creation of a subtask, it should automatically copy the parent task's Component field to the subtask.

However, this doesn't seem to be happening for some reason. Whenever I create a subtask on a parent ticket with a Component filled in, it doesn't copy over the components.


The audit log says that the operation was successful, which clearly it didn't do what it was supposed to do.

I've tried the following:
- If I set it to a specific component instead of copy from parent, the rule correctly applies the specified component to the subtask on creation
- Adding a refresh prior to the edit issues action doesn't do anything
- Switching it to a JQL condition (as it's currently set to) didn't make a difference. (Originally it was set to Issue fields condition where type was Subtask)
I'm at a loss as to why this isn't working. It's clearly identifying the ticket as a subtask upon creation, and when using a specified component works correctly. I do not understand why the Copy from Parent issue doesn't work.