Hello, I am looking to automate story creation for a specific task I need done. This would be a weekly story.
I don't know what the trigger would be. I just want a new story created every Monday with specific tasks.
Is this possible. Thank you!
Hi @Cyril James
I just want a new story created every Monday with specific tasks.
Assuming by "specific tasks", you mean sub-tasks?
You could do something like this with automation:
{{createdIssue}}
Thank you! I will give it a go.
Ok I got it to work but I want the story moved out of backlog with a status of Selected for Development. I don't see the "status" field as an option when I set up automation.
All new issues land in the first status by default. You'll need to add a couple steps to your rule after the issue is created:
Thank you Mark!
I get an error.
Error
The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Transition issue
@Trudy P Claspill Hi Trudy! Do you have any thoughts on my error. Thank you!
What error?
The last response I see is in your conversation with @Mark Segall you said you were going to try his suggestions. Have you tried them?
Where are you getting an error? What is the error? Is the rule executing? Can you share the audit log?
Thanks @Trudy P Claspill We got it to work!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.