In a nutshell, I have some PNG images in a Confluence page that are missing in the Word document when exporting to Word.
It's not related to the number of images in the Confluence page as mentioned here for example since I have just a few.
To give some more details, I created some PNG images with a software (MATLAB) and tested different resolutions in dot per inch (150, 200, 300 and 400 dpi) to check what's the best compromise. All the pictures are shown properly in the Confluence page, but to my surprise when exporting to Word some of the pictures (150 dpi and 200 dpi, of size about 6600×1500 and 8810×2000 to give an idea) are not shown in the Word document.
I tried to change the place of the pictures in the Confluence page, but it's always the same pictures that are not shown in the Word document.
I opened the two problematic PNG files with Paint and save them without touching the pictures. Then I inserted these pictures in the Confluence page and they are shown properly in the Word document. So I was doubting the initial software (MATLAB), since this test shows that it is not the size in pixel that is problematic, but maybe something in the encoding (but then it is not clear why it affects some images and not others).
I tried to modify the size of the diagram is saved from the initial software (MATLAB), testing 3 different sizes and the same dpi resolutions as above, and they all show up in the Word document.
So it is quite difficult to understand where the problem is coming from.
Do you have any idea what can be the problem, or what could I try more to isolate the issue?