Missing images on Word export (Confluence Server)

Rosalind BANWELL February 16, 2017

Hi,

When I export a long Confluence page to Word, all works fine at the beginning of the file (images on a Confluence page and included from other Confluence pages). After a certain number of pages (around page 17/18) the images stop exporting.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Thanks, Rosalind

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2017

Hi Rosalind,

This is a known bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34211

The export of images to Word is, shall we say, not always perfect, and hasn't been for quite a while.

EDIT: The title of this bug might seem odd, but various people have commented on it about their problems exporting pages containing images to Word.  It seems to have become the "Word export image problem" ticket.

Rosalind BANWELL February 17, 2017

Hi Rob,

Thanks for these details. I've gone and added a comment and voted... it's frustrating for me but could be a showstopper for some of our Confluence projects sad

Ilén Zazueta-Hall February 5, 2018

+1 (voted on confluence cloud) 

I am having the same issue as Rosalind and it's blocking us from using Confluence for user documentation.

2 votes
pawlow April 18, 2021

Not solved in this thread

0 votes
Patrick February 11, 2019

Hi all!

I know this is an old post, but it looks like the original issue is still not solved completely.

Just wanted to let you know that the Word Template Exporter for Confluence does not have this limitation. The add-on is really easy to use, so you might want to give it a try.

Hope it helps

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018

Hi there,

Please feel free to try out Scroll Office for Confluence Cloud.

Scroll Office helps you to create great documentation. It turns your Confluence pages into professionally styled Word documents both from Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

If you experience any similar issues as described, please feel free to let us know via support@k15t.com, so we can look into that.

Best,
Nils

AXACOM April 4, 2019

Even with Scroll installed, I have the same problem with missing images in the exported Word document. The plugin does not solve the initial problem in Cnfluence.

Like pawlow likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events