When this automation runs, the story created doesn’t link with my epic. How do I make them link or how do I automate the creation of child issues under my epic?
Hi @Jeremi Nilsson - welcome to the community
What does the audit log tell? Could you please add a screenshot of it? Does the clone action work and does the issue get created?
What issue type is the trigger issue? Is the trigger issue a child of an epic (hence: is the field ‚Epic Link‘ set in the trigger issue)?
Furthermore: What kind of projects are those the automation should process?
BestStefan
The action is successful and the link seems to be successful, however, my epic nor story shows any links.
The trigger issue is an Epic.
In the project shown above I am attempting to clone the Epic with the label fund to a story (or I would be ok with a task) for a specific team. Within that team, they use automatic clone subtasks that think and work perfectly that look the same. The picture below is how I want my roadmap to look like on the top epic. The epic below is how it looks now with no story linked through automation.
Thank you for the help and response.
As your triggerIssue is the epic itself you can´t say "copy from triggerIssue" in your clone action. The triggerIssue (Epic) is the one you would like to have in this field.
As the trigger is already on Epic-Level it doesn´t have a field "Epic Link" therefore it cannot be copied from there.
Other issues like stories are added to an epic via the "Epic Link" field. So if you put the triggerIssue directly into this field in your clone action it should provice the expected result (as far as I got you correct). See the screenshot:
Epic AC-13 was cloned to Story AC-16 (via automation rule above). The result looks as follows:
In your action click into the field epic link and start typing:
{{triggerIssue}}
and confirm with ENTER.
Hope this solves your problem.
That was it. Thank you so much for your help. Greatly appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.