I been asked to add an approval step in a Jira Software workflow, I've read and seen the video here Add an approval step using Jira Software and Work ... - Atlassian Community but what I need is different.
When the issue is transitioned to "asking for approval" status, I need an e mail is sent to the approvers with the info they need to see from the issue and then they can answer the email the words "Approve" or "Deny" and transitionate the ticket to the next status.
Is that something possible in JSW?
Hi Sofia,
It's a bit of work, but you can follow this article to see if that helps:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/JSM-Approvals-by-Email-with-a-work-around/ba-p/1696674#M699
Hi @Sofia Grunspan
You can request approval using Approval Path for Jira plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220490/approval-path-for-jira?tab=overview
approver will receive email with call for action.
👋
See John's answer above for a better explanation!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.