I am currently using the Data Center version of Jira and migrating later this year to Jira Cloud. I can not wait until the migration to solve this, so forgive this question if it is not in the right section to ask.
I am having issues with writing the automation for the following scenario:
I have two projects; project A and project B
Project A contains several Epics; each Epic has several child Stories.
Project B is empty.
I need automation to find a specific Epic (I know the key) in Project A and clone it into Project B. Cloning an Epic does not add the children Stories, so here are my attempts to recreate the Epic Story relationship in Project B.
Then I need automation to find specific Stories (children of the Epic above, and I know the key for each) and clone each into Project B.
I have tried several ways, but cloning adds a unique challenge as you must find the issue you want to clone. Is there an automation component that allows you to specify a key and locate it so it can be cloned?
If I was creating issues, it's straightforward. You create a new Epic. Add a branch rule for the most recently created issue. To create the Stories, you create a new Story, and in the additional fields, you set the epic link to the new Epic. The following line sets the Story epic link to the just created Epic.
"epic link": {{issue.key.asJsonString}},
I can not find a way to locate an issue, in this case, an Epic with a known key, clone the Epic, and then clone the children by using the keys and be able to set the epic link as above for creating a Story.
Has anyone tried this before and has a solution? If so, I would appreciate your insight into solving this.