I would like to have a free text field where I can write the sprint goal when creating new sprint. The sprint goal should be visible to all when looking at plan/work/report view and come out in the sprint reports.
hi chris,
there you go
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field
Hi there,
Thanks for quick response. I know about free text custom fields. But two problems with that:
1. The field is assigned to an issue not the sprint. So each issue within the sprint would have the custom field assigned, right?
2. The customer field is not visible along with sprint name in Greenhopper plan/work views. My team is using greenhopper plan/work views a lot.
hi.
1. right
2. you could add the field to "issue view detail"
for an example please see my attachment here
haven't tested this for scrum boards but i expect it to be the same
according to this i may define scrum and agile a little bit diffent cause i thought goals are set in an epic where sprints are included containing single stories that have been broken down. so in this definition the print goal would be oviously to finish all included stories in a predefined time window.
at least each story could/should contain some kind of acceptance creteria to bring out in detail what really should be achieved.
I guess the conclusion is that this isn't supported right now, will look forward to this feature in upcoming release of Greenhopper.
Our teams need that feature too.
IMO setting a sprint goal is very important part of Scrum, so you should add a text field under or next to the sprint name in Greenhopper and show it wherever possible, especially on work and review tabs.
Hope you can to that soon
It's not a feature as of now, but it's been requested already: GHS-7308. Feel free to vote and comment on the ticket.
Hi there, as far as I know - it's still not supported, so I recommend:
Voila. Many problems with such solutions, but if you have better - share it!
Cheers.
The sprint goal feature is now available in JIRA Software Cloud. Please see the documentation at
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRASOFTWARECLOUD/Planning+sprints
The following issue tracks this feature
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-7308
Kind regards,MartinJIRA Software
I like this idea. I like that in addition you could add events that impacted the sprint with details decisions, duration of events and how they impacts the sprint.
Its simple and keeps all the info with the sprint in jira.
Thanks for the idea.
HI All
I'm Scrum Master and Product Manager working within scrum for last 7 years also with Atlassian products. After years of experience I've created scrum type of workflows and recently came up with sprint goal add on for JIRA server. If this is something of use for you it would be great if you could test it out - I apprieciate all feedback. I've seen this as a added value for server hosting in my client's JIRA's and thought this would be good assets for those who are missing this feature https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eu.thesilverlining.jira.server.agilesprintgoals.jira-server-sprint-goals-plugin/server/overview
Eva
Hi Eva,
Thank you for this. IT would help if installation works. Somehow the installation of this is not working and I cant find it as Add-on through "Find new Add-on" in JIRA.
Could you please help?
Thanks,
Hanan
Hi Hanan
how are you? Many thanks for your message. The add on is searchable from Find new add on's in JIRA Server hosting - see attachment.
It can be found by searching these keywords: Agile Sprint, Sprint Goal, Agile
You can eventually download it directly from the Marketplace
I hope this helps
Kind Regards
Great ideas!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.