Is it possible to have two backlogs on a single board in Greenhopper 6?

Sri Ranjan February 21, 2013

Is It possible to have two backlogs on a single board in Greenhopper 6?

3 answers

0 votes
Mohan_kiran March 6, 2014

HI Faysal, Great solutions. I have another doubt here if you can help me to manage it in JIRA.

I have created workflow where there is status called "Validation" because I need Project Manager to validate the issue created. Before validation it should be visible in my scrum bord planning tab but not in product backlog (something similler to backlog). Once the issue is validated then it should go to the backlog.

or

let the issue which got created to be there in backlog without validation but i should not be able to assign it to any sprint without validation. when i try to do that it should ask me to validate it first.

Any solution for this.

Thanks

Jaydip.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

what's your goal? (seperate backlog issues?)

one colum (your backlog) is mapped with an issue status which can not be used in another colum (would be quite confusing)

unless you add a new issue status i.e. "backlog2" you can't

maybe there is some other solution like using swimlanes...

please describe exactly what you're after...i'm pretty sure this can be managed

Thanks Faysal for the answer. What i am trying to achive is that there are two teams working on the same project what i want to do is to have two backlogs one for each team.. There wont be any duplicate issue between backlogs... i want to make two backlogs with different filters..

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

oh ok.

in this case i suggest using a customfield, components or labels.

you can insert value like "Team 1" or "Team 2" and run jql filtering on the board.

maybe this video explains more in detail (sorry its in german but just concentrate on what they're showing)

http://blog.codecentric.de/2012/08/effiziente-scrum-teams-mit-jira-greenhopper-und-dem-rapidboard/

or simply refer to

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88989/is-it-possible-to-work-with-multiple-scrum-teams-on-a-single-project-in-greenhopper-6

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

another idea is using project roles for each team and set issue-security-levels

so only role members can view specific issues...no filters needed in that case. just select matching security level

Thanks Faysal for help... But in the link u suggested three boards are created with different filters what i am trying to achive is two backlogs on the same board.. is any way that is possible?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

i see.

it is more like several teams on one project. you're right. sorry

ok lets stick with swimlanes (if it is suitable for you) for the next example.

you could add 2 lanes..."Team 1" and "Team 2"

in the jql part you need to define on what you are planning to filter. at this point you'll need something like i already mentioned above..

if you think about components add 2 components (one for each team) to your project

add jql for swimlane "Team 1" to filter out the matching issues and do the same for "Team 2"

this will seperate applicable issues on one board seperated by swimlanes

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

one little bit bigger solution would look like this...

example:

default backlog issues are in status "Open"

Team1 backlog issues are in status "Open:Team1"

Team2 backlog issues are in status "Open:Team2"

created issues will be "Open"

now add 2 transitions to your Workflow (Step 1)

• Transition 1 = "send to Team 1"
  • add condition (value field) to only show this one if "Status != "Open:Team1"
  • add postfunction to update a customfield to hold a specific value for this team

• Transition 2 = "send to Team 2"
  • add condition (value field) to only show this one if "Status != "Open:Team2"
  • add postfunction to update a customfield to hold a specific value for this team

you may want to add another transition to move the issue back to default backlog.

so if the issue is in status Open you can choose to which of the teams it should be send

also you can move it from Team1 to Team2 and vice versa

now the Rapidboard thing:

again we gonna use swimlanes:

• Name: "Team 1"
  • jql: <here_comes_the_cf_name> = <here_comes_the_cf_value>

• Name: "Team 2"
  • jql: <here_comes_the_cf_name> = <here_comes_the_cf_value>

did you get my point?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

one more thing on the customfield part.

this could be a "select list" or "Radio Buttons" holding the values "Team1" , "Team2"

add it to the relevant screens and you can see it in Jiras issue-view

latest greenhopper is now able to show select list fields and radio buttons in "issue view details" too

you can try this solution (i just did it as well) -> WORKS

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

this is what it could look like when you're done...

0 votes

Can someone please help on this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events