This issue is similar to Charlotte’s Question from August of ’22.
Solved: Why can't I create subtasks? States 'Support Categ... (atlassian.com)
Like Charlotte, when trying to create a sub-task, I get a similar message, but slightly different, in that the message references “Category”. This just started happening mid-day today, where several sub-tasks had been created prior to this error manifesting later in the day.
When I go to Field Configuration and find “Category”, it’s indicated as being locked. I’m not sure whether Jira or a plugin app has this field locked. But the result is that, if it’s Required for Sub-Tasks, I cannot make it Not Required.
I checked the App Log Files and I do see where an app was recently added; GitHub for Jira was added 7 days ago. I’m not sure if this plugin locks “Category” or not. But, again, this issue suddenly appeared seemingly out of nowhere later today . . .a real mystery.
*Installed app GitHub for Jira (com.github.integration.production version 1.1.28-AC)
Your help will certainly be appreciated!
