Hello, I am new to automation in Jira and am trying to get automation set up for my new projects.
I currently have one Automation that is working as expected, that's listed below:
- When a Prospect Project ticket (newly created ticket type) is edited to have a Labels = Confirmed, then change the Issue Type to Epic and comment on the Epic "Confirmed"
I am trying to set up a second automation that will create new Stories that are linked to that epic. However, when I try to open up the Epic Link field, it says it's unable to retrieve the epics.
This is what I have so far on the second automation, but I'm stuck:
- Trigger: When Issue Commented (all types)
- If the type = Epic (JQL query)
- Action Create Issue > Story
- I cannot set the Epic Link because when I choose that out of the "Choose Fields to Set" dropdown, there's an error that says:
- Failed to retrieve selections, please refresh the page and try again.
How can I get these newly created Stories to have the trigger issue (the Epic) linked in the Epic Link field on the Story?
Thank you all!!