I am working on an automation rule the automatically clones a task based on the time since that task has been cloned.
If a task has a label 'monthly', it clones on the first day of every monthly basis, and the automation works for this.
If a task has a label 'quarterly', it needs to clone on the first day of every three months after it was last cloned.
If a task has a label 'bi-yearly', it needs to clone on the first day of every 6 months after it was last cloned.
If a task has a label 'yearly', it needs to clone on the first day of every year after it was last cloned.
After cloning, the automation will automatically update some fields, edit some fields, and transition the clone to the next state while resetting the 'Actual Start' date of the parent task to '{{now.jiraDate}}' so that the scheduling comparison still works.
The rule I set up was scheduled to run monthly. In it, I had 4 branches - one for each label.
The branches were set up to confirm the label and then confirm if an amount of time had passed since the task's "Actual Date".
For Monthly, this didn't matter, because tasks labeled 'Monthly' would just clone monthly.
For Quarterly, I tried an Advance Compare Condition, but the automation did not consider the comparison of the task's {{issue.actualstart.plusMonths(3)}} - equal to the value {{now.jiraDate}} when I had set the task's "Actual Start" value to November 1, hoping the automation would trigger today, February 1.
The same automation rule failed for Bi-Yearly and Yearly when "Actual Start" was set to 6 months and one year prior, respectively.
I've attached the branch for Quarterly, hoping that if I can get a solution for that, I'll be able to modify the solution to work for the other Label values and Date Comparisons.
Thanks for your attention ahead of time.