Deleted custom field still shown in JQL and apps (even after deleting from trash) - is is very confusing as it has the same name of another field which is active.
Sometimes, it can take a little while for the indices to catch up, especially if it's a large amount of data to empty from the trash.
If you give it a bit of time, you should find it disappears eventually (I've not seen it take longer than a couple of hours)
I have the same issue for months now
I have the same issue as well...
Having a custom text field as Build Version, the filter result is wrong (i.e. you can see tickets with empty field or other version number).
Deleting the custom field for all the issue types does not work, you can still find the custom field in the Issue View, though you can't see them when going into a ticket.
If you've given the index enough time to catch up with the deletion of the field (when you have a large number of issues in Jira), and you are still seeing the field name in the searches, then you have not deleted the field.
I suspect you don't mean that you have deleted the field, you mean that you have cleared the data out of it for some issues. The field still exists, even if you have no data in it for any issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.