I can't figure out how to get the task to be mapped in the move as a task in a specific EPIC within the software project. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Hello @Aylea Baldwin
The short answer is you can't set the parent Epic as part of the Move Issue operation. You have to set the parent Epic after the Move operation has completed.
You would have to do it in two steps, you cannot set additional field values as part of the move process. After the issue has been moved just go into it and set the epic link.
Your other option is to add the epic link to the screen in the JSM project, set the value of the epic link and then move the issue over.
Hi @Aylea Baldwin
Try to do the following:
More details here
Best regards
Sam
Thank you!
Appreciate it. So sounds like I can bulk move all of the tasks to the project but will then need to individually link them to the epic
Thanks Samuel for the resources for bulk move The problem I was having was that during the bulk move I couldn't move the tickets into an epic on the JIRA software side. Looks like that type of move is not possible and I'll need to do this move first and then move the tasks into the epic as a second step
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.