The behavior described in this thread is what I'm seeing, but it's happening all on its own. Things were fine up until January 20th, and then somehow the linking configuration got changed. The outward description should be "blocks" but was actually "is blocked by". This was reversed only for the "Blocks" link type; all of the others still had things the right way around, which seemed to me like a potential smoking gun. I asked the other admins if anybody had changed anything, but nobody had. So, I went in and manually switched it back to the way it should be.
Later that day (or maybe the following Monday, the 23rd--I forget exactly when), the relationships were reversed again, and I thought maybe Atlassian had broken something and then quickly patched it to fix it, so I again swapped the relationships, thinking that now the issue must be resolved.
However, one of my team just notified me that the relationships are once again backwards as of about an hour ago.
Unfortunately, the audit logs do not include changes to issue links (I checked after I changed them, and sure enough, nothing), so I have no idea how this is getting changed. Does anybody know why this is happening? Is Atlassian messing with something?
The only other thing I can think of is that our instance has been integrated into BigPicture (which I'm not very familiar with) for a few months. Does anybody else have experience with BigPicture and know whether it could be swapping things on us? For the record, we haven't had any issues with this prior to January 20th, so it seems weird that either Atlassian or BigPicture would suddenly start doing this, but I'm not sure what else could be causing it.
Thank you,
-Greg