Hello,
I was looking into the possibility of using created Confluence Cloud (Con) content inside of Jira Service Desk rules
For examplehttps://cdn.stardock.us/support/uploads/msedge_2023-01-26_13-59-04.png
There do appear to be smart values related to getting Con content but only if the rule itself just created a page:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-jira-automation-with-confluence/
But I can find nothing about getting existing Con content in a similar way.
The reasoning for wanting this should be clear; any monkey like myself can write \ edit such Con content without ever having to mess with rules with each revision.
If anyone knows of a way I have not found, I am all eyes.
Thanks in advance.
Sean DrohanStardock Product Lifecycle Manager
@Sean Drohan -
Unfortunately based on my analysis, smart values to accessing/working with Confluence content are not available at this time.
See the following reference link on smart values for Confluence in automation - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/smart-values-in-confluence-automation/ Lastly, it is only available for Confluence Enterprise/Premium plan
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
{{sad.face}}
Thank you, Joseph.
@Sean Drohan
If my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.
I would also recommend you to reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) to file an ask. I believe what you wanted to do makes a perfect sense as an enhanced functionality.
Best, Joseph
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.