In our situation, the user is not allowed to set the priority in the portal via the Jira Priority field, but is given a different custom e field single select list where a subset of the Jira priorities are provided.
On issue creation, I am doing an automation rule to copy the user set value from the custom field to the Jira Priority field.
In the edit issue action, unless I'm mistaken I can choose the custom field to copy the value from, but I only get 'Copy priority from current issue'. I chosen Priority as the field to set, but instructing the action from where to copy the value from i'm not seeing.
Do I need to do the value change via JSON in the More Options JSON text are? If so, could you please give me a clue of how to do this because my JSON did not work (invalid JSON error), which currently is:
{"fields":
{"Priority": "{{triggerissue.fields.customfield__10259.id}}"
}
}