Hello,
We have an API which creates Jira issues and then adds a SA (Service Account) as the watcher as well as the reporter. How can I create an automation to block the SA to be added as the watcher since lots of people receives email updates due to this.
Thank you.
Hi @Elif Alverson
One way to do this is to modify your REST API to not add the user as a watcher during creation.
The next way is to create an automation rule to remove the watcher once the issue is created:
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy , thank you so much for your response. I am testing the second way you suggested. Could you please assist me with adding multiple actions to this automation? I would like to remove a specific watcher ;
1- When the issue is created
2-When the issue is transitioned
3-When the issue is updated
4-When the issue is commented
Is it possible to have one automation , or does this require 4 automations? Thank you so much for your help and understanding.
With the Jira Cloud version of automation, I do not believe it is possible yet to select those different triggers together.
One work-around is to have separate rules for each of the relevant triggering conditions.
@Bill Sheboy- I created an automation rule (Jira Server) and can't seem to remove myself as a watcher. The rule is manually triggered, and creates a sub-task. Screenshot attached. I can remove myself from the story using the additional action...but not the sub-task. Any thoughts?
Hi @Rick Dorgan
First thing: this is a very old thread, and I recommend creating a new question, perhaps including a link back to this one. That will ensure the maximum number of people see it to offer suggestions. Thanks!
As for your specific question, this is about issue-scope in the rule as that determines what a rule action will act upon. The fix for your scenario is to branch to the most-recently-created issue when you want to change it. To do this, remove the branch for current issue (as well as the re-fetch action as it is not needed).
For example:
In my experience, the branch for current issue is typically only needed for one case: to use a single condition and keep the rule processing the remaining steps without using if / else.
For example (and unrelated to your actual question :^)
Thanks, Bill. Your example worked great, and simplified the steps in my rule. Appreciate the quick reply. Next time I'll be sure to open a new post.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.