With Automation for confluence now live, I was wondering if there is a way (via CQL) to query for "Page Status" in confluence?
Heya @Ken Young ,
I believe the CQL you are looking for is the following:
space = "xxx" AND status = XXX
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
Kind Regards,
Ashley Hudson
@Ken Young
May I ask what automation action you want to fire based on the Confluence page status?
Hey @Ken Young did you get this resolved?
It doesn't look like we have access to anything like "page.status" in the documentation at https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/advanced-searching-using-cql/. However, there is access to labels ... but I don't see a way to copy the status to the labels.
fwiw, we use Workflows for Confluence for approvals in a "draft" space that, once approved, get published to a "public" space
EDIT: I created an issue for this at CONFCLOUD-75625
Vote for it!
I couldn't seem to find this in the CQL docs. Thank you Ashley.
Sweet! Glad I could help!
I spoke to soon--- I am getting the error:
No field exists with the name: 'status
Hi @Levente Szabo _Midori_ . My goal is to have an administered status for pages (ie. not to us tags) and to be able to automate documentation "freshness" checks. The CQL would provide the metadata for the lifecycle of the document. Some documents can be marked "Don't review" and be ignored (via the CQL), others in different statuses could then have notification workflows automatically kicked off, or associated Jira Tickets created to track the "updates" to the docs.
Thx
In this case, I recommend looking into the dedicated Confluence lifecycle management solution, Better Content Archiving for Confluence. After becoming a go-to tool for Data Center and Server, it is now available for Cloud as well.
Better Content Archiving allows you to create your own set of statuses with their CQL definitions and build your content status schemes. The app automatically classifies content based on your rules and you can launch content review workflows using notification emails.
The app is prepared for processing a large number of pages in enterprise Confluence sites, and the UI is also geared toward managing many spaces and pages conveniently.
As a next step of the launch process, automatic archiving of Confluence pages will also be available.
(Please note that I'm part of the team developing Better Content Archiving for Confluence.)
Thanks for the product info.
Honestly, would rather fix via automation because it is a simple use case that really doesn't need to have larger reoccurring monthly cost. Hopefully this information is exposed to CQL in the future.
Thanks for the reply. We are already utilizing quite a few plugins, so trying to avoid adding another one. We will just us Jira until this becomes an available feature.
G-Day @Ken Young
We can relate to the need to have an administered status for pages and to be able to automate documentation relevance checks. This is why our team has delivered Handy Page Status and Handy Page Status Report functionalities based on the following data to ace in our reporting journeys with help of our Handy Macros for Confluence
The report can be administered by the following data:
And can look like this:
Feel free to check out and play with these macros of Handy Macros for Confluence to elevate page status administration
Best wishes.
Anastasia
In automation, I found I can only utilize page status data with the {{smart values}} condition.
This fails when I try the CQL condition, but the smart values condition seems to work.
I haven't tried using this in automation yet, however, you can now target the page status in CQL using `pageStatus`. I haven't seen this element added to the CQL documentation yet but it does work.
For example if I want to filter to pages with the status of Verified then in my CQL query I can use pageStatus = "Verified" and the query will only return pages with that page status.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.