Goal is to create a form in service desk and user will enter the jira group in which they want to be added, if the group exists then automatically add the user to that group
Hi @Pillai_ Aarthi
I don't think you can do that. That would be a possible security issue. Only org/site admins can add users to groups.
I am an site admin, we are looking into automation to reduce our manual efforts
In that case what I would try is to have a custom field on the form with all the groups and I would let the user choose the group.
And then with Jira automation I would send an http request to add this user to the selected group:
POST /rest/api/3/group/user
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-groups/#api-rest-api-3-group-user-post
Trial and error of the above is mandatory
Thank you @Alex Koxaras -Relational- I was able to add users using this approach
But, I am able to add user to only 1 group, the automation fails if user has selected more than 1 group name.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.