For my customer I am currently setting up Asset, with Asset custom fields to present/select for customers when creating tickets.
When I set up my request form, with the Asset custom fields, Jira automatically wipes the whole setup. I assume this is a bug, but would like to hear if anyone else have experienced the same thing and that it is in fact an user error on my behalf:
What I have done/am doing, that currently is not working at all:
- The roles for Object type has been updated with jira-users as User (I do not think this is needed? Nevertheless, has been done in my bug-fix journey)
- Asset custom fields created
- Asset custom fields added to issue type screens
- New Request type (for testing purposes) has been added, and in the setup both the Asset custom fields as well as other standard Jira fields are added. Both in portal view as well as Issue view. When doing this, save has been done (on repeat!)
- When finalised setup of the request type, all fields are present when switching between Request form and Issue view. All good so far
- I then navigate back to request types overview.
- When so going back to the new request type, the whole setup is wiped and my setup is no where to be found.
So - what is happening here? Has anyone else experienced the same or should I report this as a bug?