Hi
How can I create a rule to create a Pull Request (PR) in the Automation part of JIRA?
I see only one option in the Bitbucket.
Hello @Bartosz Wachowski
There currently is not support in Automation for Jira for an action to create a pull request. You could potentially work around this using the Send Web Request action and the Bitbucket API for creating a pull request.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-pullrequests/#api-repositories-workspace-repo-slug-pullrequests-post
What is the trigger for the Automation Rule? Under what circumstances do you want to automate creating a pull request?
@Trudy P Claspill thanks for a rapid answer. I'm just investigating possibilities, but it's not crucial. I want to create a flow that would create a branch and PR in another step. I know it's not that banal path, but it still thought to try it
If you wanted the pull request creation to happen based on the transition of an issue, you could add it to the Workflow rather than using an Automation Rule.
@Trudy P Claspill sure. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.