Hi,
I am temporarily logged in as a different user. When I try to go back to my admin account, the "switch back" to your account button does not appear
Thanks in advance,
Amit
Hi @amit_bakst
See this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/quot-Log-in-as-another-user-quot-cannot-quot-switch-back-quot/qaq-p/2206089
... logging out and then logging back in, I was no longer logged in as the user but then I did have the "switch back" option, which is kind of funny...
Hi @Alex Koxaras -Relational-
I completely logged out of my account to log back into the account like in the post you shared and it still didn't help
I could only assume that you haven't logged in properly. But you can also try to clear your browser's cache and cookies and log in again.
On my system the switch back option works
However, if I close the dialog bac, getting it back is somewhat mysterious. My theory is that as soon as you perform an action that requires some permission check the dialog will reappear. I can't find any other shortcut to the 'switch back' option
Hi! I had this same problem -
I would log out and back in but it still saw me as the previous user. Additionally, we have an SSO solution and when I launch from my Okta and it would show the other user still so I'm guessing its browser based.
Personally, I'm using Chrome and the issue also did not resolve after a hard shut down of the browser so I'm going to try cache next.
Fun fact? It would look like I was logged in as this other user (icon in the upper right) but it was displaying my personal user notifications.
What screen were you on to get this option? It's not showing in the upper right and the Atlassian guidance does not give breadcrumbs - I am hoping that I can self navigate there. I go into my admin screen and see nothing helpful, thanks!
FYI If I reloaded the web page enough (refreshing or copying in the URL), eventually I got that little popup to show but like you, no shortcut found.
Chrome user here - here's what I finally got to work:
1. Logout (it won't work)
2. Refresh the browser page (multiple times) and get the popup to "switch back
3. Switch back (finally)
Note: It took several refreshes of the browser tab some some back and forth... Refresh, logout, refresh, see that popup.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.