I am trying to redirect users from one portal to another, as seamlessly as possible.
For example, users of portal A commonly have a question about issue X that is actually handled by portal B. However, due to the volume of users coming to portal A for that issue, it made sense to keep it listed there.
The current, not-ideal solution is to have issue X listed in portal A as a request type, with a link to portal B.
However, because its a request type, on portal A, it's counter intuitive to the users to simply click the link, and it often generates an unnecessary ticket (if they send the request, rather than click the link). And it just doesn't look as professional as I'd like.
Does anyone have any advice or know if it's possible to make this a more seamless transition from clicking on the issue and being directed to the other portal? I was thinking maybe with automation, but I don't know if portal A and portal B can share request types, etc.
Let me know if anyone has any advice.
-Matt