Hi Community,
I have encountered a strange issue.
I have created a JSM HR project and i am using a customised version of the onboarding request type.
I have created a people picker field called "manager", where i have added enable filtering and set a specific role who should be displayed.

On the project i have added 6 users and given them the "engineering manager role".
Unfortunately they dont show in the list (Also not if i start typing their names)

Fun fact:
Having above setup, there are two way to make the managers show in the list.
1. Give them project administrator role in addition to engineering manager role.
2. Enabling "anyone allowed on the customer access setting"

2nd option however, is not optimal as the project is then visible to all other customers using the customer portal - even though they only are added as customers in other projects.