Hello,
We have two types of projects in play.
- Jira Service Project - Service Desk (1st line support) + Customer Portal + Articles.
- Jira Software Project - (DEV kanban board) - (no KB Articles).
The Jira Service Project has a handy link called Knowledge Base under the heading Details that shows N amount of related articles. The user can quickly look through the articles or create a new article. It is excellent for keeping a WIKI or Knowledge Base.


The Jira Software Project doesn't have this handy Knowledge Base link under the heading Details.
Does anyone know of a plug-in/App that can simulate what the Jira Service Project has in the way of Related knowledge base articles?
Some points to consider before responding:
- It is not an option to re-create a Jira Service Project and export all tickets in the Jira Software Project to the new project.
- The team doesn't want to use Project Pages (in the left sidebar), as there are too many steps to create a page, link pages etc., and it doesn't seem to have the Related Articles functionality. They like the ease of seeing all the related articles and the quick ability to create a new article from a blank page or a template in Jira Service Projects.

As an administrator in both Confluence and Jira projects, I have tried both Knowledge Base ways and to me, they are the same thing (using Confluence to create the pages). However, I can see they are implemented differently.
As I am not a Developer, I have a lot more time to create kb articles, and the way I go about it makes no difference. Still, I am told that most developers are lazy when creating knowledge-based posts, and they want the easiest and most intuitive way, the Jira Service Project way.
I say the above in the kindest of ways, as this request came from a Developer Team Manager, and he said those exact words to me.
Thanks,
Mike