Hi,
Hoping somebody can assist with this!
Jira Cloud - Company Managed project
The problem I am trying to solve is how to automate linking of Bugs to the Epic they belong to (based on the Story they are linked to). We have been linking Bugs manually to the Epics because we wanted to have a view for any given Epic, which Bugs relate to it.
We are using the following hierarchy/linking:
- Epics with Stories as children
- Bugs linked to Stories (Blocks)
- Bugs linked to Epics (Blocks)
We are taking the additional step of linking Bugs to Epics so that for each Epic we have an easier view of which Bugs are blocking the Epic rather than having to drill down through each Story
I have been looking for a way to automate the linking of Bugs to the relevant Epic but so far unsuccessful. The business logic would be as follows I think:
- When a Bug is linked to a Story
- If the Story is linked to an Epic i.e. has a parent Epic
- Then link the Bug to the same Epic using “blocks” link type
Thanks in advance!