Hello, I am trying to add the Issue Statistic Gadget to my dashboard with a specific Statistic Type ( custom field - text) however it is not listed in the drop down list. How can I add this custom field to the statistic type drop down list? Thank you.
is it because the custom field type is text not drop down? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66870
Hi Elif,
You cannot use a text or date field for the issue statistic because it does a grouping and there could be an infinite number of possibilities. You must user a user picker field, select (dropdown) field, group field or radio button. Something with set values.
For example I want to show count of unique text content in statistic and it's count.I dont see any trouble comparing text and showing count of repeats...
As John said, you can only do this for fields with known lists of possible options.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.