Hi there,
I've been trying to get a series of automation to work but have not succeeded. I had this working in Jira at a previous job, and it was perfect. Unfortunately, I set that up several years ago, didn't document how I did it, and I have been unable to recreate it. :-(
Here's how I need it to work:
- If a customer hasn't commented on an issue for 3 days, an automated message will prompt them.
- If a customer hasn't commented on an issue for 5 days (meaning two days after the 3-day warning), they will get a different automated message.
- Finally, If a customer hasn't commented on an issue for 7 days (two days after the 5-day warning), they will get a final message, and the case will automatically close out.
Here's the current configuration. There are three automations, each scheduled to run every hour. Here are the queries for each one:
- updated < -3d AND status = "Waiting for customer"
- updated < -5d AND status = "Waiting for customer"
- updated < -7d AND status = "Waiting for customer"
The 3-day notification works. The 5-day also works, but not until 5 days after the 3-day notification when I need it to be 2 days after the automated notification (the original 3 + 2 more days). The same is happening for the 7-day, of course.
So how do I get the 5 and 7-day automations to count based on the last customer comment instead of the previous automated comment?
Any help is appreciated!