Hi all - I'm looking to fire off some automation associated with an issue (e.g., from a button or Automation link on the card) that is capable of taking some user input.
I envision a modal form that I could collect a few values from the user then continue the automation.
I'm open to using either Jira Automation or ScriptRunner, but hoping to keep it relatively low-to-no code (we're a dev shop and can handle it, but trying to avoid the learning curve for a quick implementation).
I've done some searching and can find peripheral info on Forms, but it's not clear if I can use them for this purpose. Most attempts bring up Smart Fields, which are only capable of reading from previously existing fields.
As a workaround I could add these user parameters as fields in the prior screen, but they're really not strictly necessary to the parent ticket so would prefer to omit.
Any ideas? Thanks!