We've been rolling along with all of our projects using the default issue type scheme. If one project wanted to add an Issue type, they would get agreement from the other projects and add it. No problem.
Now we have a new project. They want new issue types (that no one else wants) and they do not want to use all of the existing issue types being used by other projects.
My plan:
- To accommodate the OLD projects: I was going to copy the Default Issue type scheme to create a new "General Issue type scheme". Then I was going to switch the Issue type scheme on all of our old projects to the "General Issue type scheme".
- This would free up the Default Issue type scheme for me to add new issue types without affecting them, right?
- If they need new issue types in the future, I will add them and associate with this General Issue type Scheme.
- To accommodate the NEW project: Create a New Issue Type Scheme and only associate those Issue types that they want.
Questions:
- Am I making this more difficult than I should be?
- For my OLD JIRAs, When I re-index, even though all of the Issue types are the exact same values, will it do some kind of update to all of my existing JIRAS and prompt a kazillion emails to be sent? (that would be bad)