Hi!
I work for HackerRank. We have a confluence page that is extremely unorganized and out-dated. My leadership has tasked me with learning confluence and becoming an admin with permissions. Currently, confluence shows our admin as "former user (2014)." There are no other admins and the old information is not recoverable. There is no one in charge of the site at all. Some people are able to add things to our mess of a space, but very little can be altered/deleted.
I've watched several videos and read many sites about confluence and it appears our site is not up to date. I say this because our layout, format, style and overall appearance looks very different from what I've seen in the videos, screen shots, forums, etc. I would guess we have a much older version. It's like we're using Salesforce Classic while Salesforce Lightning has been out and popular for a while.
I'm not really sure where to start other than trying to get an actual employee of our company assigned as the admin to start clean up and making updates. I was unable to add attachments to this comment, but I'm happy to connect further and however needed to start to make some sense of my predicament.
Short & Sweet Summary:
1. We have no admin.
2. We have no one who can grant or remove permissions.
3. We are unable to make any updates.
4. We cannot change or delete a large portion of the content already created.
5. The previous (2014) admin was not the only user who created content on our confluence page back in the day. Many of the others who created spaces/pages/content are also no longer with the company.
6. The previous admin's email cannot be recovered, nor are we sure of what domain was used in the email, as our company domain email has changed a few times over the years.
I know questions like this have been asked before, but I'm hitting a roadblock with no admin and no permissions, nor anyone to grant them. Any help is very much appreciated!!
Thank you! Happy & Healthy Wishes!
Rachel Lovelace & The HackerRank Team