In our Jira Service Management environment our clients are creating tickets for our team to pick-up. On of the things the users can choose is the module for which they want to log a ticket.
These modules correspond to a few Epics we use (there are more epics about which the users don't need to know). There are no modules without a related epic.
Via Jira Automation we are automatically creating tickets in the board or sprint off our team when a new ticket is logged. The only problem is that I'm not able to set the Epic link based on the selected module chosen by the users.
An example:
User chooses Module with name "Planning"
There is an Epic named "Planning"
I want to update the epic of the created ticket to this Planning epic.
To do this I'm using smart values like this:
{{issue.module.value}}
This is giving "Planning" as output.
Unfortunately "Planning" is not recognized as a valid Epic Link (that will probably be more like "Planning (ISSUEKEY)".
Is there a way to solve this problem?