Hello,
I have just started to use Assets and using it for the purpose of hardware and license management.
I want to set up an automation that when a license is about to expire, an email is sent or a Jira issue ticket is created but I seem to be having some issues getting this to work.
The license objects all have the attribute "License Expiry Date" which is a date type value. I want to create a weekly scheduled automation that can then raise a ticket/send email when the license object is about to expire within the next 30 days.
I am using global automation. I can only use AQL on an object if the trigger is when an object is updated, created or deleted. This is not ideal. If I want to run a scheduled trigger, it needs to be an Assets issue field that's already in a Jira issue, correct? I seem to be getting a little confused here.
What is the best solution to set up such an automation? Looks like it would have been easy if the automation tab was still within the object schema configuration and it seems rather confusing within the global automation rules.
Thank you for any feedback to help me get into the right direction.