Hi,
In our onboard form we have Field "Employee name" which has customfield_10305 id. In the Field "Summary" is selected "Use preset value and hide from Portal" value. The preset value is "New Hire {{customfield_10305}}" to show new employee name in summary when the form is created. For some reason the smart value is not working and when the form is created I'm getting "New Hire {{customfield_10305}}" as summary of the form. Can you help me how to make the smart value to work please?
Thank you
Hi @Patrik Buchart and welcome to the community,
You can't use a smart value there. You should use an automation from the workflow.
Hello Alex,
Thanks for your reply I appreciate it!
I checked the automation settings and this is the setup there. It used to work just fine but then it start to fail like I mentioned up there.
Unfortunately, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work...
Patrik
Ohhh.. I though you were using it on the request type itself, while hiding the summary. My bad! Instead of {{customfield_XXXXX}} try {{issue.customfield_XXXXX}}
I tried to change the value in Automation to {{issue.customfield_XXXXX}} and also change it in the Request Type Summary. No luck. I tried to set {{customfield_XXXXX}} in Summary and Automation to {{issue.customfield_XXXXX}} and also no luck. It's not your bad at all I didn't mention it as I don't know about the setting in Automation. I Inherited this Jira management and just learning. Thanks for your response!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.