The instructions laid out here "How-do-I-track-Convert-tickets" work for a Story to task but doesn't work for a Sub-task to task, is there anyway I can track a converted issue type from a sub-task to a task?
(using similar methods in the automation)
Hello @Shady Makar
Welcome to the community.
Please show us the Automation Rule you have created and the audit log for an execution of it, and explain how it is not doing what you want it to do.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill ,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Here is my rule (i changed it quite a few times cause i was trying to figure out why the Advanced compare condition wasn't being picked up) but through some scenario testing i realized that it would only pick up from a normal issue type to another not from a subtask to a normal issue type. (BugTask) is a sub-task type created by us.
That one success use case in the audit log, i had changed the rule to be from Story to Task, but it doesn't work when I do from BugTask to Bug.
So far I have not found a solution. I'm still looking, though.
I've searched and found a few posts suggesting different methods, none of which have panned out. I've tried:Trigger: Field Changed: Issue TypeResult - rule is not triggered when converting sub-task to issue or issue to sub-taskTrigger: Field Changed: Parent LinkResult: rule is not triggered when converting sub-task to issue or issue to sub-taskTrigger: Issue UpdatedLog Actions:{{#changelog.parent}}{{fromString}}{{/changelog.parent}} - no value logged{{#changelog.parent}}{{toString}}{{/changelog.parent}} - no value loggedfollowing suggestion in: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/What-trigger-to-use-in-automa[…]1?lightbox-message-images-1821710=162939iD0500EEFFE7E27B8
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.