Hi.
When I create a new Site, in Cloud, a couple of default Admin groups are created, such as Administrator groups and in my case, jira-admins-<site-name> groups.
I don't really understand what the function of the Administrator Group is.
In this documentation, Give users admin permissions | Atlassian Support it is clear that there are two types of Product Admins but that they behave differently. And Admins that belongs to the administrators group – can administer product settings, and they also have access to the product themselves through this group.
But I can't figure out what the difference is IRL. I've tested to add a member to both the administrators group and the jira-admins-<site-name> groups. The user in the administrators group doesn't get any access to the product.
I feel that they seem to be behaving the same. It's also a bit strange that Administrators groups doesn't have any description like the other default groups. Could it be that the Administrators group does something in the background that I don't understand?
So..is there anyone else that could give me some understanding on this?
Best regards
Malin