Trying to create an automation rule that synchronizes a custom field on a subtask to its parent (e.g. story) as long as the parent issue type is NOT a custom created issue type names "App Release". The "App Release" is at the same level as the story and task. For example:
- There is a custom field that is required on every issue created including subtasks. We'll call it "initiative".
- Story A has initiative value of B. There are three subtasks that have initiative value B.
- App Release B has initiative value of C. There are three subtasks on it with initiatives D, E, and F.
- When I change the initiative of one of the subtasks for Story A to F, the subtask initiative is reset to B.
- When I change the initiative of one of the subtasks for App Release B to Z, the subtask initiative is NOT to be reset to B.
I've tried using the SmartValues yet can't see how to access the issue type of the parent.
Currently, when I change the subtask value for the subtask associated to App Release, it sets the value of the subtask to the initiative value of the App Release. So in my example, it changes the value to B.